A good quality daypack is essential for hiking especially on those longer hikes where you will be carrying it for hours on end. I will help you find the best women’s hiking daypack for your individual needs.
it’s essential to differentiate between the men and the women’s daypacks. Backpacks have become more tailored to our needs as women. Some features include a shorter back length, narrower shoulder straps or a particular way of fitting our chest to protect compression on the bust.
The list of suggested daypacks will cut through the fluff and summarise some of the most important things to consider when choosing the perfect daypack, with a variety of options.
This is based on my own experience too, travelling the world in places such as Thailand and Australia, taking on many adventures and hikes. Whether it was up steep mountains or through lush rainforests.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalise a purchase.
My Top Daypack Picks
Just in case you want the top picks from the list straight away I have given them below to save you time. I got you.
North Face make reliable travel gear and this recon daypack is perfect for hiking and other sports.
I like the fact this has all the necessities for hiking yet looks sleek and stylish. This could be worn walking anywhere.
BEST Women’s Hiking Daypack
1. Waterfly Crossbody Sling Backpack
The price hasn’t diminished style with this hiking backpack. This features a single sling which can be reversed so you can either have the pack at the front or the rear.
There are no restrictions in design which makes it great for either the left or right shoulder. It makes it very versatile and has a neutral colour which can mix and match with any other colours you might be wearing. I like this cool daypack because of the colour, just because it’s for us girls, it doesn’t have to be pink right? Although it comes in many different colours, grey goes with everything.
- x2 Zippers which can be locked together to make it anti-theft.
- x2 Mesh side pockets perfect for storing water bottles
- Features a hidden earphone hole which gives easy access to your earphones to enjoy music on those hikes.
- Made from breathable material and mesh so you’ll feel comfortable whilst exploring
- Low price
2. Sunhiker Small Hiking Backpack
If you do want the colour pink, consider this minimalist no-frills backpack, perfect for those who need the essentials and nothing singing and dancing. Not only is it a great daypack for hikes but it can also be used for outdoor sports such as cycling and climbing.
- Made from Nylon – a high tear-resistant material
- Water-resistant and scratch-resistant
- Breathable mesh shoulder straps for comfortable use
- Zip locking system
- x2 Mesh side pockets for holding water bottles
- Comes in a variety of colours to suit everyone’s needs
3. Canvas Sling Bag
This is probably one of the most stylish daypacks on the list. It is great for everyday use so you can have the best of all worlds. Take it with you hiking, climbing, shopping or school. With its adjustable straps, it can be made into a sling or a 2-strap backpack. With this bag, you will not only be prepared for hikes but look cool and stylish doing it.
- Multi-Application – Wear it as a sling bag, small backpack, chest bag or crossbody bag
- Stylish design made of lightweight, durable, water-resistant canvas material
- X1 Water bottle pocket
- Hidden anti-theft pocket, which is easy to reach, perfect for hiding frequently used small devices such as a phone
4. Bago 25L Packable Lightweight Backpack
Here is something a little different. It is not your traditional backpack. It has a foldable feature which makes it convenient to save space and pack away until you need to use it. It is handy to pack away in the car, another bag or to save weight on luggage. It also comes in a variety of colours.
- Multi-use and functional – Can be used for hiking but other uses include climbing, fishing, hunting, and camping.
- Multiple pockets – It has a large main compartment but also has multiple pockets on the outside to store more items.
- Made from honeycomb polyester fabric which is waterproof, durable, and tear-resistant
5. Mothybot Hydration Pack
The most unique thing about this backpack is that it has a 2L water bladder. This is a BPA-free water holder, with a drinking tube so you don’t have the fuss of opening and closing or getting to your water bottle. Just drink straight from your backpack. The water bladder has a large opening which makes it great for putting in ice to keep the water even more cool, lasting all day hiking.
- 2L BPA-free water bladder –With insulated tube cover keeping the water cool all day long. The mouthpiece to drink the water is soft and has a dust cover with a leak-proof lock.
- Unique compartment design – Extra pockets are situated on the waist straps perfect for holding devices providing quick access to your phone
- Made from water-resistant nylon
- 2-year refund & return commitment + lifetime warranty
6. WATERFLY Crossbody Daypack
Another WATERFLY sling daypack makes it onto the list. However, this one has a slightly different design and comes in more varieties of colours which may suit you more than the previously mentioned grey sling daypack.
- Stylish minimalistic look which can be worn at the front or the back
- Breathable mesh material for more comfortable hikes
- Mesh side pocket for water bottle
- A variety of colour choice to suit your style
7. The North Face Recon Backpack
As mentioned above, this is in my top picks for the best women’s hiking daypack.
The list on the best hiking daypacks for women wouldn’t be complete without mentioning a backpack from North Face. They have a tremendous reputation all over the world for their hiking gear. This recon backpack is no exception to the quality they produce.
This backpack is one of North Face specifically designed backpacks for women with a stretch front stash pocket and improved organisation. It has a spacious compartment and enough space for a laptop with protective features. It also has an enormous colour selection.
- Flex vent technology – The North Face FlexVent suspension system provides flexibility for the shoulder straps complimented with padded mesh increasing comfortability.
- X2 Mesh side pockets for water bottles which can also be used as multi-use pockets
- Laptop and tablet compartments
- Multi-use backpack – Great for hiking but also can be used for school and commuting
8. ZOMAKE Lightweight Packable Daypack
Another foldable backpack which is worth mentioning. This one, in my opinion, is a little bit more stylish and is larger than the other foldable previously mentioned. It also has more variety when choosing colours.
- Foldable which makes it great to save space
- Made from high-quality Nylon which is water and tear-resistant
- Ultra-light only weighing 0.68 lb
- 35L large main compartment to store more items
9. Osprey Daylite Plus Daypack
Osprey is another world-renowned company when it comes to travel items. You can be sure to get good quality with their products. With this simplistic but sleek design, it makes it perfect for multi-use but also has many compartments and features for hikes no matter the situation. This Daylite Plus version has an added padded sleeve for a laptop or tablet and a front panel ‘shove-it’ pocket.
If you happen to have a larger Osprey backpack, it can even attach to them too.
- Large panel loading
- x2 Mesh pockets for storing items such as water bottles
- Inside multi-functional sleeve for a water bladder or general storage
- Mesh covered back panel for extra comfort and to avoid a sweaty back!
Tips on Choosing the Best Women’s Hiking Daypack
Measure your torso
This is important because the daypacks come in different sizes. The company will have the dimensions for different sizes such as XS, S, M etc. So, make sure your dimensions fit the size stated. This will ensure the backpack is comfortable and does not ache whilst you are hiking. There is nothing worse than carrying an annoying oversized or undersized backpack for a few hours whilst trying to enjoy a day out.
Consider what you need to pack
Not every daypack will suit every woman. You need to decide what you will be carrying and if the daypack fulfils those needs.
Are you carrying a water bottle and need a water pocket? (I couldn’t stand not having a water pocket). Is it important for you to have a hiking pole attachment? Do you intend to carry a laptop and need a laptop compartment?
What conditions will you be hiking in?
For me, it was important to have a waterproof daypack. Hikes would often involve travelling through countries where rainfall could be heavy for 30 min and then sunny the next. It needed to be adaptable and durable.
Do you prefer front loading or top loading backpacks?
Front-loading daypacks allow you to access the main bag compartment in one go, like opening a suitcase. On the other hand, top-loading daypacks are only accessible from the top, so items at the bottom will be hidden. Each has its advantages and disadvantages but it’s something to consider on what you prefer.
Personally I enjoy a front-loading backpack more, it annoys me having to look for something at the bottom of my bag. However, the top loading is harder to get into and therefore better at being anti-theft.
Waterproof vs. Water-resistant
Look out for whether the description says waterproof or water-resistant, there is a difference. Waterproof backpacks/daypacks are made of materials which water has a hard time getting through, being a water barrier.
However, water-resistant material can only withstand a certain amount of water and eventually water will soak through. Decide which suits you better depending on the material, looks and comfortability.
I can’t stress enough how much a good daypack is worth investing in.
If you are anything like me and love to travel you will use it in a variety of places. This daypack will be your companion for the foreseeable future, so it needs to be the one which suits you best.
If it means spending a little extra, just do it. You will hopefully have one of these women’s hiking daypacks for a long time sharing many memories!